In the weeks since the onset of hostilities in Ukraine, more than 3 million citizens have been displaced. Europe has not seen the like since the Second World War. Support for the Ukrainian plight has been universal and steadfast. To maintain and uphold this solidarity, Calibre321 is hosting a watch auction from March 21st through March 25th. One hundred percent of all proceeds will be donated to the UNHCR (The UN Refugee Agency).
Below you will find photographs of the 5 watches up for auction, as well as links to past reviews, pics, and specs. While they are being auctioned with the support of our microbrand partners, it should be noted that they come from our personal collection. They are lightly used, but in excellent shape and keeping good time. They do not come with warranties.
The auction will take place through our Instagram account.
If you are unable to bid, but wish to show support, please share our posts to your Instagram stories, or tag people you think might be interested in the comments section.
- Payment must be made through PayPal within 24 hours of the auction’s close. The PayPal address will be provided to the winning bidder. Bids should be in USD. All sales are final.
- A donation in honour of the winning bidder will be made to the UNHCR. The winning bidder will receive a copy of the receipt as proof that the donation has been made.
- If for whatever reason, the winning bidder cannot pay, the next highest bidder will be offered the watch, and so on. In the case of two or more identical bids, the earliest bid will be considered first.
- There are no reserve bids. No amount is too small. Every dollar counts. Please bid what you can.
- Shipping charges will be handled by Calibre321; however, any duties or taxes incurred are the responsibility of the buyer.
- The auction is “silent.” All bids must be directed to Calibre321 through Instagram’s Direct Messenger. Do not make bids in the comments section of the post.
- Each auction will run from 6AM EST until 12AM EST on the same day it is posted. Bids before 6AM are not valid.
- We are not a watch dealer. We cannot accept returns. Please understand that this is a charitable endeavour.
Winning bidders, when consenting, will be announced in the next day’s story.
Please note that this auction is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram in any way.
Monday, March 21st: The Vanbanner Parkingmaster V1
Tuesday, March 22nd: The Aevum Advance Carbon
Wednesday, March 23rd: The Vanbanner Parkingmaster V2
Thursday, March 24th: The TFP Windrose Ceramic Dark
Friday, March 25th: The Dan Henry 1963 Pilot Chrono (40mm)
About the author
Brent Robillard is a writer, educator, craftsman, and watch enthusiast. He is the author of four novels. You can follow him on Instagram.
Other Watchy Bits include op-ed pieces and articles of general interest. We’d love to hear your opinion in the comments section below. The titular image was provided by Diana Vyshniakova. Follow her on Instagram.
8 thoughts on “Other Watchy Bits: Watch Auction For Ukraine”
didn’t even know this auction occured- great cause
I wish I could have taken part. Much respect for doing such a great thing, many should take note of this kind deed and repeat it
Very kind. Thank you
A tad late but thank you for having hosted the watch auction to support Ukraine. I’m sure they have their hearts full receiving your support.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great watches auctioned for a noble purpose. Hope more of these can be hosted to help people.
LikeLiked by 1 person